Our activity room is used by all kinds of people and groups and so, in honour of it’s new wireless connection, we thought we’d tell you about some of the things that happen in there each week!
- Toddler Tuesdays These themed crafty activity mornings are very popular with our youngest visitors. They play with toys, share a story and make something to take home as well as having a drink (with tea & coffee available for parents!)
- Adult Learning Our Garden History course, led by Kate Harwood, started yesterday but there are still places available on Margaret Davis’ course on The Renaissance in Florence which will start in May.
- Country Market Every Friday morning from 10:30-12:30 the room is taken over by a Country Market where you can buy plants, fruit & veg, jams, cakes and all kinds of other goodies! The first market of 2012 will be tomorrow (20th January)
- Schools We offer lots of different workshops for visiting schools including Blanket Archaeology, Tilly’s Toy Box and a session on Inventions (pictured here). The Andrews Room can also be used as a lunchroom by visiting groups.
- A space for your meetings The Andrews Room is open to bookings from external groups and in the last few months it’s been used for training days, formal meetings, social gatherings and as a Bridge Club! It’s a flexible space and we can provide a projector, computer and now WiFi as well as Tea & Coffee if requested.